ProLon 5-Day Fasting Mimicking Diet
~ Are you interested in having healthy blood levels of glucose, cholesterol, triglycerides and C-reactive protein?
~ Do you want to have a smaller waistline and lower blood pressure?
~ Do you want to feel better and live longer?
The ProLon program is a novel approach from one of the world’s leading centers for biomedical and longevity research, the University of Southern California Longevity Institute.
The ProLon program, developed by Dr. Valter Lango, is a novel approach from one of the world’s leading centers for biomedical and longevity research, the University of Southern California Longevity Institute.
What is the Prolon Meal Program?
[Promoting Health and Longevity]
ProLon is a scientifically proven and studied 5-day meal program which mimics fasting.
Researchers at the Longevity Institute of Southern California have been studying the effects of intermittent fasting for two decades through grants funded by the National Institute on Aging (NIA).
A recently completed randomized trial involved consumption of a low calorie, low protein, low carbohydrate, high nourishment meal program. The actual fasting – mimicking diet [FMD™] program was only 5 days. Each participant underwent 3-cycles (one per month) with final measurements carried out one week after the last cycle and return to the subject’s normal diet.
The meal plan is plant-based and formulated in a way to induce your body to self-repair.
- Lower body weight
- Lowered abdominal fat [visceral fat]
- Smaller waist circumference
- Higher lean body mass
- Improved energy levels
- Softer, healthier-looking skin
- Lower systolic BP
- Lower diastolic BP
- Improvements in total cholesterol, LDL, c-reactive protein [lower inflammation] and glucose
- Improvement in stem cell counts
- Healthy levels of insulin like growth factor
What does ProLon do?
This 5-day meal plan enables the body to enter a state that is protective and resistant to stress.
This then allows the body to remove damaged cells thus stimulating a mechanism that enables cells to regenerate (grow), resulting in tissue rejuvenation. In short, this process can delay the aging process and increase longevity.
What Can You Expect?
- Improvements in energy levels
- Healthier looking skin
- Positive impact on lifestyle
- Feelings of empowerment to make healthier choices and eat less
Who is it for?
Anyone who has any of the factors that need to be improved – excess body weight, abdominal fat, elevated glucose, cholesterol, inflammatory markers, and elevated blood pressure.
Anyone who wishes to maintain healthy levels of stem cells and insulin-like growth factor.
How does the Program work?
- Wellness consultation with measurements and labs prior to and at the completion of the program.
- For wellness and longevity – one cycle per month for three months. Cycles may be repeated every 2-4 months (3-6 times per year) or a minimum of 2 cycles annually.
- For weight loss – one cycle per month (minimum time between cycles is 15 days) until weight loss goals are achieved [for a maximum of 12 cycles] and then 2-3 cycles per year for health maintenance and longevity.
Potential Side Effects:
- Headache (most frequently due to caffeine withdrawal)
- Dry mouth
- Brain fog
- Muscle pain
To AVOID these side effects:
- Drink at least 8 cups of water or two packets of GoHydrate daily
- Avoid strenuous exercises of more than 15 min
- Avoid exposure to high temperatures (saunas, spas, Jacuzzi)
- Avoid exposure to extremely cold temperatures or swimming
- Consume 1 cup of black coffee per day or dilute it and sip throughout the day (helps prevent caffeine induced headaches)
- Treat dizziness with a slice of apple
- Caution with operating motor vehicles and heavy machinery