PRP for Hair Restoration
Are you looking for a healthier, fuller head of hair? At FreshSkin we have several options to deal with hair loss.
✓Non-surgical or minimally invasive
✓Thickens thinning areas of the scalp
✓Strengthens hair follicles
✓Generates cellular rejuvenation
✓Improves blood flow to the follicle
✓Increases nutrient acquisition by the follicular organ
✓Increases the rate of removal of harmful hormone by-products
✓Increases oxygen uptake
✓Decreases follicular inflammation
✓Improves cellular metabolism and protein synthesis
✓Increases the production of ATP to energize and repair the weakened follicle
✓Increases cellular stimulation of the follicle
✓Increases the mobilization of calcium ion
Am I a Candidate?
If you have thinning hair and it has only been occurring for less than 6 years, you are a candidate.
What can I Expect?
After an in-office consultation to determine if you would benefit from the treatment, we have several options for you to restore your hair. The process may involve any or all of the following:
• Hormone and Nutrient Deficiency testing.
• PRP injections: A sample of blood will be obtained to extract platelet rich plasma.
• Herbal remedies that encourage hair growth.
• Nutritional supplements to nourish the hair follicles.
• Hair growing low-level light laser [LLL] treatments.
Hair takes time to grow, so hair growth treatments will take time. We have several options available to suit any budget and life-style.
90-day Treatment Plans*:
Basic PRP for Hair Growth Plan: A series of platelet rich plasma [PRP] injections, spaced monthly until results are notable.
Enhanced PRP for Hair Growth Plan: A series of monthly PRP injections coupled with weekly treatments using a low-level light laser [LLL].
Premium PRP for Hair Growth Plan: A series of monthly PRP injections coupled with twice weekly LLL treatments.
*To further nourish and feed the hair follicles, supplements and hair care products may be added to any of the above treatment plans. Individual regimens and results may vary.
Hair Growth Treatment Recovery
Over a period of several weeks of treatment, you will notice fine hair roots developing. If you choose the option with the Low-level light laser, you will also notice much less hair in your brush and drains and see an increase in hair strength and density.
Once hair growth is achieved, ongoing quarterly maintenance PRP injections are recommended to maintain new growth, and keep the hair looking healthier, fuller, and more vibrant.
What is Platelet Rich Plasma [PRP]? And What is it used for?
Platelet-rich plasma, or PRP, is a substance created by taking a sample of your blood in a special type of blood tube and then spinning it in a device called a centrifuge. This pushes all of the heavier cells; namely the red and white blood cells, to the bottom of the tube. What is seen in the top of the tube is a clear yellow fluid called plasma. In this plasma there are a lot of very important cells, proteins and other products that have several purposes, including helping your body heal and to grow new cells. These cells are concentrated during the centrifuge process. While studies are still taking place, many providers have found injecting PRP or applying it to open wounds and damaged tissue has hastened the healing time.
What happens during a PRP hair rejuvenation treatment?
There are multiple steps that are involved during a PRP hair restoration injection treatment. These are as follows:
1. The provider puts topical anesthetic onto the area that will be injected.
2. The provider takes 1-2 vials of blood, typically from your arm vein. It has to sit for 30 minutes and then it is put into a machine that spins the blood [a centrifuge] rapidly to facilitate the separation of the red and white cells from the platelet rich plasma.
3. The platelet rich plasma is drawn up into a syringe or vial for injecting.
4. The treatment area is cleansed with a sterilizing cleanser and the area is wiped with alcohol.
5. The PRP in injected into the areas of the scalp.
Side Effects and potential Risks:
Any therapy that involves putting a needle through the skin will have the following potential side effects:
- Negative or allergic reaction to anaesthetic
- Injury to blood vessels or nerves
- Formation of scar tissue
Be sure to report all medications you’re on before the procedure including supplements and herbs.
Who is not a candidate for a PRP hair rejuvenation treatment?
- If you have any chronic diseases that include the liver or skin, or an active illness
- If you have an active infection in the treatment area
- If you have a disease that affects your platelet cells, or any bone marrow diseases
- If you have active cancer
- If you are taking blood thinners
- If you are a heavy smoker
- If you have a history of alcohol or drug misuse
- If you have hemodynamic instability
- If you have uncontrolled thyroid disease
How many treatments will I need?
PRP therapy typically consists of three-monthly treatments, with maintenance treatments every 4–6 months.
Other Options may include: Rogaine, Propecia, dutasteride therapy or hair transplant surgery.
How can FreshSkin help me treat hair loss?
The medical providers at FreshSkin will help you begin the journey to improved hair health and recommend a solution or combination of treatments to address your thinning and loss of hair. Begin with a Wellness Consultation to create your customized hair restoration plan which may incorporate PRP for Hair Restoration and or a Hair Growth Laser Treatment along with supplements.